Effective Way To Get Rid Of BlockFile12 Ransomware from Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8.1, 10)
BlockFile12 Ransomware is a malicious computer virus which has been categorized as ransomware virus. This ransomware is known to infect the computer system first then encrypt the files which it is intended for and demands money in exchange of files. BlockFile12 Ransomware have compromised many computer systems on the internet. This ransomware was first reported on the second week of May 2017. The malware found to infect system through spami email. For instance, a victim stated that this virus had come to its system soon after opening a text document which was believed to be a pending bill.
According to reports, this malicious ransomware is classified as mid-tier crypto threat which is programmed to perform the array of operations similar to FuckTheSystem Ransomware. All the file encoder viruses are alike and main motive is to infect the machine and encrypt the data so as to extort money from the victims.
Some of the file extensions that can be infected by this threat are .3GP, .7Z, .APK, .AVI, .BMP, .CDR, .CER, .CHM, .CONF, .CSS, .CSV, .DAT, .JPEG, .JPG, .KEY, .MDB .MD2, .MDF, .MHT, .MOBI .MHTM, .DB, .DBF, .DJVU, .DBX, .DOCM, .DOC, .EPUB, .DOCX .FB2, .FLV, .GIF, .GZ, .ISO .IBOOKS,.MKV, .MOV, .MP3, .MP4, .MPG .MPEG and many more.
Bad Intentions of BlockFile12 Ransomware
When this ransomware enters the system, it starts to modify the internal settings like registry entry, system configurations settings, etc. On arrival of BlockFile12 Ransomware, it begins the encryption process and appends '.block_file12'. The nasty threat provides [email protected] mail id on which ransom amount has to be paid. Soon after encrypting the files, it leaves a ransom note informing user about the encryption and demands relatively high amount of money.
Uninstallation of BlockFile12 Ransomware
BlockFile12 Ransomware can be uninstalled manually or automatic. You can choose depending on your choice. However, automatic removal of BlockFile12 Ransomware can be effective as compared to manual because manual removal requires great effort and time and good knowledge in computer. Also, automatic removal tool will provide future protection to your system as well.
How to Get Rid Of BlockFile12 Ransomware from Windows
Effective Way To Get Rid Of BlockFile12 Ransomware Manually
Step 1 : Start PC in Safe Mode
- Firstly Restart your Windows System.
- Next, open Boot menu via pressing F8 button.
- Three distinct options will get viewed in Boot menu.
- Utilize arrow key and select ‘Safe Mode With Networking’ option and press Enter.
Step 2 : Find and Remove Hidden Vicious Files From System
Show Hidden Files and Folder
How To Show Hidden Files & Folders in Windows XP/Vista/7
- Initially right-click on Windows Logo and then make selection of Open Windows Explorer.
- Tap Organize and select Folder -> Search Options.
- Next, click on View tab.
- Select Show hidden files and folder and further then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files option.
- Lastly ‘Yes’ in confirmation window and then tap OK.
How To Show Hidden Files & Folders in Windows 10 PC
- First of all press Windows + E on the keyboard.
- Then tap View tab.
- Check File name extensions and Hidden items.
- Get Rid Of BlockFile12 Ransomware Associated Files from Hidden Folders
- %Temp%\[BlockFile12 Ransomware]
- %AppData%\[BlockFile12 Ransomware]
- %LocalAppData%\[BlockFile12 Ransomware]
- %LocalAppData%\[BlockFile12 Ransomware].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[BlockFile12 Ransomware]
Step 3 : Get Rid Of BlockFile12 Ransomware and several other suspicious programs from Control Panel
Effective Way To Get Rid Of BlockFile12 Ransomware For Windows XP
- Press Start button > Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Make selection of Uninstall a program to open Programs and Features.
- Search BlockFile12 Ransomware and other unwanted programs > Select Remove
Effective Way To Get Rid Of BlockFile12 Ransomware For Windows 7 & Vista
- First of all Go to Start Menu and then tap Control Panel option.
- Next in Control Panel, go to Programs section and then tap Uninstall a program option.
- Now from the list of all program, make selection of BlockFile12 Ransomware and tap Get Rid Of tab.
Effective Way To Get Rid Of For Windows 8 & 8.1
- Firstly turn the Mouse to the lower – left corner of the screen and then press the Start button.
- Secondly, enter ‘Control Panel’ in search box, tap Control Panel.
- Make search of Ransomware and unwanted programs > select Uninstall
Effective Way To Get Rid Of BlockFile12 Ransomware For Windows 10
- First of all go to Start Menu and then search for Control Panel.
- Now from the Control Panel Windows, make selection of Program and Feature option.
- The list of all kinds of programs installed in the system will get displayed.
- Select BlockFile12 Ransomware and all other unwanted as well as vicious applications, click Uninstall tab.
- Finally at last a confirmation Windows will get appeared on the screen, tap ‘Yes’ to confirm and restart your system.
Step 4 : Get Rid Of BlockFile12 Ransomware Related Registry Files
- Press Win+R keys.
- Secondly, type regedit.exe in the dialog box and after that press OK.
- Lastly find and delete below mentioned registry files from your system.
Method 2 : Get Rid Of BlockFile12 Ransomware utilizing System Restore
Step 1 : Reboot your system to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
For Windows XP/Vista/7
- Tap Start -> Shutdown -> Restart -> OK
- Now when the system gets activate, press F8 multiple times. Keep it pressing until the Advanced Boot Options window get displayed.
- Make selection of Command Prompt from the list.
For Windows 8/10
- First of all press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Next press and hold Shift on the keyboard and tap Restart.
- Make selection of Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings and then finally press Restart.
- Once the system get active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2 : Restore your system files and settings.
- Once the Command Prompt window get displayed, enter cd restore and tap Enter.
- Next type rstrui.exe and then press Enter once again.
- At the time when when the new window get displayed, tap Next and make selection of your restore point which is prior the penetration of BlockFile12 Ransomware. Further then tap Next.
- Later tap Yes to initialize the system restore.
File Recovery After Ransomware Attack
Easy Steps To Recover Files Encrypted By BlockFile12 Ransomware
Step 1 : Utilize present backups
Step 2 : Utilize professional data recovery software
Data Recovery Software – a specialist software including potential of restoring partitions, photos, data documents and 300 more file types lost/deleted because of several corruption and incidents.
Step 3 : Utilizing System Restore Point –
- Firstly hit WIN Key.
- Make selection of ‘Open System Restore’ and implements the below shown steps
Step 4 : Restore the personal files utilizing File History
- First of all hit WIN Key.
- Secondly type ‘restore your files’ in the search box.
- Make selection of ‘Restore your files with File History’.
- Next, choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar.
- Lastly, press the ‘Restore’ button.
Effective Way To Fix BlockFile12 Ransomware
Effective Way To Use : Hidden Tear Decrypter After BlockFile12 Ransomware Attack
- Step 1 :DownloadHidden Tear BruteForcer.
- Step 2 : Extract the program to easily access it and open it as administrator.
- Step 3 : Choose Browser Sample option from the main interface to select the sample of BlockFile12 Ransomware encrypted file.
- Step 4 : Now, select the type of BlockFile12 Ransomware from the down-left menu.
- Step 5 : Click on Start BruteForce button. The key is found as soon as brute forcing has finished. Copy and save it in a .txt file.
- Step 6 : Here, download Hidden Tear Decrypter. Extract and open the Hidden Tear Bruteforcer.
- Step 7 : Paste the key copied, write the type of extension used by BlockFile12 Ransomware and now click on Decrypt button.
Complete Guide To Retrieve Deleted or Lost Files due to BlockFile12 Ransomware For Free By Using Recuva Software
Step 1: Download and install Recuva software on your PC. Select the file types, such as Pictures, Music, Documents, Video, Compressed, Emails or choose “Other” option to show all files and tap on “Next” button.
Step 2: Now, click on “Start” button to initiate the scanning process.
Step 3: Once you tap on the “Start” button, the scanning process will start.
Step 4: After the completion of scanning process, you will see lots of files found. To follow the instruction, tap on “Switch to advanced mode” option.
Step 5: Then after, you see more options in order to filter the found files.
Step 6: Once you find your lost or deleted files due to BlockFile12 Ransomware, select them and click on “Recover” button to save the recovered files on your computer.
System Requirements: Windows 10, Win 8.1, Windows XP, Vista and 7 including both 32-bit & 64-bit OS versions, but not for the RT tablet editions.