Steps To Get Rid Of OnyonLock Ransomware from Windows 10, 7, 8.1, XP & Vista
Know More About OnyonLock Ransomware
OnyonLock Ransomware is file-encrypting program that was reported by the security researchers in the third week of May 2017. Based on the research report, security analysts revealed that the ransomware is a part of Crypto-ransomware which is especially programmed by the hackers to encode the data stored on victim's machine. It holds the victimized PC user's files hostage and then demands a hefty sum of ransom money to deliver decryption key to the user's email ID, that can decode the inaccessible data. Although, ransomware viruses like OnyonLock Ransomware do not gather user's data, but they limit the victim's access to the information on the system. Besides, the malware may be delivered to the user's computer with the help of spam email campaigns and some rogue system optimization apps.
Recognizing the Malicious Attack of OnyonLock Ransomware
This ransomware is named just after the weird file extension “.onyon” it placed on every encrypted files. Computer files that are affected by this malware may be displayed as a white generic icon. According to cyber security experts, OnyonLock Ransomware is identified as a mid-tier file encryption program which is able to encode the standard data containers associated with musics, videos, audios, images, presentations, spreadsheets and databases. The threat incorporates secure RSA and AES encryption algorithm and aimed at regular computer users.
During its encryption procedure, it scan the local drives and generates a unique 256-bit key which is used to lock the victim's data or files. Once it completed the encipher process, the ransomware delivers the decryption key to the Command & Control server which is operated by its developers known as cyber offenders. OnyonLock Ransomware also deletes the shadow volume copies and system restore points. After that, you will see a ransom note loaded in default TXT viewer named as “!#_DECRYPT_#!” on your computer's desktop.
What to do after OnyonLock Ransomware Attack?
Security investigators strongly advise PC users against contacting the developers of this ransomware because it is not guaranteed that the cyber punk will send you a right decryption key to your email address after successful ransom payment. Here, the researchers from SRV want to reveal that some variants of OnyonLock Ransomware may refer victimized system users to contact the hacker through “[email protected]” and “[email protected]” email addresses as well as other accounts. However, you should never try to contact the hackers instead remove this ransomware from your machine ASAP.
Files of OnyonLock Ransomware Detected by Anti-virus Vendors as:
How to Get Rid Of OnyonLock Ransomware from Windows
Steps To Get Rid Of OnyonLock Ransomware Manually
Step 1 : Start PC in Safe Mode
- Firstly Restart your PC.
- Next, open Boot menu via pressing F8 button.
- Three distinct options will get viewed in Boot menu.
- Utilize arrow key and select ‘Safe Mode With Networking’ option and press Enter.
Step 2 : Find and Remove Hidden Vicious Files From System
Show Hidden Files and Folder
How To Show Hidden Files & Folders in Windows XP/Vista/7
- Initially right-click on Windows Logo and then make selection of Open Windows Explorer.
- Tap Organize and select Folder -> Search Options.
- Next, click on View tab.
- Select Show hidden files and folder and further then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files option.
- Lastly ‘Yes’ in confirmation window and then tap OK.
How To Show Hidden Files & Folders in Windows 10 PC
- First of all press Windows + E on the keyboard.
- Then tap View tab.
- Check File name extensions and Hidden items.
- Get Rid Of OnyonLock Ransomware Associated Files from Hidden Folders
- %Temp%\[OnyonLock Ransomware]
- %AppData%\[OnyonLock Ransomware]
- %LocalAppData%\[OnyonLock Ransomware]
- %LocalAppData%\[OnyonLock Ransomware].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[OnyonLock Ransomware]
Step 3 : Get Rid Of OnyonLock Ransomware and several other suspicious programs from Control Panel
Steps To Get Rid Of OnyonLock Ransomware For Windows XP
- Press Start button > Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Make selection of Uninstall a program to open Programs and Features.
- Search OnyonLock Ransomware and other unwanted programs > Select Remove
Steps To Get Rid Of OnyonLock Ransomware For Windows 7 & Vista
- First of all Go to Start Menu and then tap Control Panel option.
- Next in Control Panel, go to Programs section and then tap Uninstall a program option.
- Now from the list of all program, make selection of OnyonLock Ransomware and tap Get Rid Of tab.
Steps To Get Rid Of For Windows 8 & 8.1
- Firstly turn the Mouse to the lower – left corner of the screen and then press the Start button.
- Secondly, enter ‘Control Panel’ in search box, tap Control Panel.
- Make search of Ransomware and unwanted programs > select Uninstall
Steps To Get Rid Of OnyonLock Ransomware For Windows 10
- First of all go to Start Menu and then search for Control Panel.
- Now from the Control Panel Windows, make selection of Program and Feature option.
- The list of all kinds of programs installed in the system will get displayed.
- Select OnyonLock Ransomware and all other unwanted as well as vicious applications, click Uninstall tab.
- Finally at last a confirmation Windows will get appeared on the screen, tap ‘Yes’ to confirm and restart your system.
Step 4 : Get Rid Of OnyonLock Ransomware Related Registry Files
- Press Win+R keys.
- Secondly, type regedit.exe in the dialog box and after that press OK.
- Lastly find and delete below mentioned registry files from your system.
Method 2 : Get Rid Of OnyonLock Ransomware utilizing System Restore
Step 1 : Reboot your system to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
For Windows XP/Vista/7
- Tap Start -> Shutdown -> Restart -> OK
- Now when the system gets activate, press F8 multiple times. Keep it pressing until the Advanced Boot Options window get displayed.
- Make selection of Command Prompt from the list.
For Windows 8/10
- First of all press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Next press and hold Shift on the keyboard and tap Restart.
- Make selection of Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings and then finally press Restart.
- Once the system get active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2 : Restore your system files and settings.
- Once the Command Prompt window get displayed, enter cd restore and tap Enter.
- Next type rstrui.exe and then press Enter once again.
- At the time when when the new window get displayed, tap Next and make selection of your restore point which is prior the penetration of OnyonLock Ransomware. Further then tap Next.
- Later tap Yes to initialize the system restore.
File Recovery After Ransomware Attack
Easy Steps To Recover Files Encrypted By OnyonLock Ransomware
Step 1 : Utilize present backups
Step 2 : Utilize professional data recovery software
Data Recovery Software – a specialist software including potential of restoring partitions, photos, data documents and 300 more file types lost/deleted because of several corruption and incidents.
Step 3 : Utilizing System Restore Point –
- Firstly hit WIN Key.
- Make selection of ‘Open System Restore’ and implements the below shown steps
Step 4 : Restore the personal files utilizing File History
- First of all hit WIN Key.
- Secondly type ‘restore your files’ in the search box.
- Make selection of ‘Restore your files with File History’.
- Next, choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar.
- Lastly, press the ‘Restore’ button.
Steps To Eliminate OnyonLock Ransomware
|German||Schnelle Schritte zu Fixieren OnyonLock Ransomware von Windows 10, 7, 8.1, XP & Vista|
|French||Supprimer OnyonLock Ransomware de Windows XP : Arracher OnyonLock Ransomware|
|Italian||Rimozione OnyonLock Ransomware Con successo|
|Spanish||Retirar OnyonLock Ransomware de Windows 10|
|Portuguese||Passos para Livrar-se de OnyonLock Ransomware de Windows 10|
|Polish||Usuwanie OnyonLock Ransomware W ciągu zaledwie kilku krokach|
Cryptomix Ransomware Decryptor: Steps To Decrypt Files Locked by OnyonLock Ransomware
- Step 1.First of all Download Cryptomix Ransomware Decryptor to be installed
- Step 2. Double click to launch avast_decryptor_cryptomix.exe file. The main screen is shown as given below. Click on Next button.
- Step 3. Click on Next button after adding drive to decrypt data locked by OnyonLock Ransomware.
- Step 4. Click on … button to select the appropriate file from the decrypt folder then click on Next button.
- Step 5. Click on Start button to start the decryptor that will check OnyonLock Ransomware encrypted file against decryption keys.
- Step 6. Click on Next button then click on Decrypt button to after deciding what option you have to choose to begin decryption of files.
- Step 7. Wait for sometime as OnyonLock Ransomware decryption process may take a while so be patient.
- Step 8. When OnyonLock Ransomware decryption has completed, you can close the program by clicking on Close button.
Free Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software To Recover Lost Data or Files Due to OnyonLock Ransomware Instantly
Download and install Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software onto your Windows system. Then after, run the application by clicking on “Recover Photo, Audio & Video” option.
Now, you can select the desired drive to rescue lost or deleted data and files corrupted due to OnyonLock Ransomware.
For the scanning process, you can select the specific file format encrypted by OnyonLock Ransomware from “Advanced Settings” button and tap on “Scan Now” button to start the scanning process.
While scanning is in process, the Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software searches for all multimedia files from your selected drive.
After the completing the scanning process, the files that are found into the selected drive are listed. Choose the desired files and click on “Recover” button
RAM: 1 GB (Recommended)
Hard Disk: 100 MB of Free Space
OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software Supports Widely Used File Formats
Free Version of Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery Software (Functionalities)