Instructions To Remove Ransomware Manually
Step 1 : Start PC in Safe Mode
- Firstly Restart your Windows system.
- Next, open Boot menu via pressing F8 button.
- Three distinct options will get viewed in Boot menu.
- Utilize arrow key and select ‘Safe Mode With Networking’ option and press Enter.
Step 2 : Find and Remove Hidden Vicious Files From PC
Show Hidden Files and Folder
For Windows XP/Vista/7
- Initially right-click on Windows Logo and then make selection of Open Windows Explorer.
- Tap Organize and select Folder → Search Options.
- Next, click on View tab.
- Select Show hidden files and folder and further then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files option.
- Lastly ‘Yes’ in confirmation window and then tap OK.
For Windows 10 PC
- First of all press Windows + E on the keyboard.
- Then tap View tab.
- Check File name extensions and Hidden items.
- Delete/Remove Ransomware Associated Files from Hidden Folders
Step 3 : Remove/Delete Ransomware and other suspicious programs from Control Panel
For Windows XP
- Press Start button > Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Make selection of Uninstall a program to open Programs and Features.
- Search Ransomware and other unwanted programs > Select Remove
For Windows 7 & Vista
- First of all Go to Start Menu and then tap Control Panel option.
- Next in Control Panel, go to Programs section and then tap Uninstall a program option.
- Now from the list of all program, make selection of Ransomware and tap Uninstall tab.
For Windows 8 & 8.1
- Firstly turn the Mouse to the lower – left corner of the screen and then press the Start button.
- Secondly, enter ‘Control Panel’ in search box, tap Control Panel.
- Make search of Ransomwarre and unwanted programs > select Uninstall
For Windows 10
- First of all go to Start Menu and then search for Control Panel.
- Now from the Control Panel Windows, make selection of Program and Feature option.
- The list of all kinds of programs installed in the system will get displayed.
- Select Ransomware and all other unwan5ed as well as vicious applications, click Uninstall tab.
- Finally at last a confirmation Windows will get appeared on the screen, tap ‘Yes’ to confirm and restart your system.
Step 4 : Remove/Eliminate Ransomware Associated Registry Files
- Press Win+R keys.
- Secondly, type regedit.exe in the dialog box and after that press OK.
- Lastly find and delete below mentioned registry files from your system.
Method 2 : Remove Ransomware using System Restore
Step 1 : Reboot your system to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
- Tap Start → Shutdown → Restart → OK
- Now when the system gets activate, press F8 multiple times. Keep it pressing until the Advanced Boot Options window get displayed.
- Make selection of Command Prompt from the list.
- First of all press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Next press and hold Shift on the keyboard and tap Restart.
- Make selection of Troubleshoot → Advanced options → Startup Settings and then finally press Restart.
- Once the system get active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2 : Restore your system files and settings.
- Once the Command Prompt window get displayed, enter cd restore and tap Enter.
- Next type rstrui.exe and then press Enter once again.
- At the time when when the new window get displayed, tap Next and make selection of your restore point which is prior the penetration of Ransomware. Further then tap Next.
- Later tap Yes to initialize the system restore.
Important note :
If you are unable to perform manual removal and want to remove it automatically from your infected PC then download the tool