- Trojan Kotver modifies the system’s Internet Explorer security settings. This unables the users to download files with it. In order to fix this issue, press the Windows key on the keyboard and while holding it down, also press the R key on the keyboard. It will open the Run dialog box as displayed below :
Further, type Inetcpl.cpl in the ‘Run’ box for opening the Internet Explorer settings.
- Now in Internet Explorer, tap ‘Security’ tab → ‘Reset all zones to default level’ button → ‘Apply’. Finally tap ‘OK’ to save all these settings.
Download Symantec Kovter Removal Tool. This tool is available in a 32-bit and 64-bit version. Thus, ensure to download the version having the same bit type only as your installed version of Windows.
- After the successful installation of Symentac Kovter Removal Tool, double-click on FixToolKovter32.exe or FixToolKovter64.exe, depending on the version being downloaded.
- Now to initialize scanning with Symantec Kovter Removal Tool, tap Start button. This particular scanning do not take more than a few minutes.
- Lastly after the completion of the scanning and infection removal procedure, tool will display a prompt stating that it has finished.