Solution To Get Rid Of Cry36 Ransomware from Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista & XP
Cry36 Ransomware is another file encrypting virus and is identified as a modified version of Crypton Ransomware. Cry9 Ransomware and Cry128 Ransomware are another variants of Crypton family of file-encrypting virus and now the Cry36 Ransomware. This malware falls under ransomware category and is able to encrypt all your important files and folders saved on the system. You can receive this virus via spam email which appears as sent by legal and trusted company like PayPal, Amazon and FedEx. This ransomware is very harmful as it can bring disaster to your system. After encrypting the data it will make your data completely inaccessible by you. You will not be able to open, modify or read the content of the file.
How Does Encryption Process Take Place?
The main motive of Cry36 Ransomware is to encrypt the files and ask a huge amount of money from its victim. After infiltrating into the system, it slowly starts encrypting the files using cryptographic ciphers without informing user. When the encryption has completed, it creates a file named as ### DECRYPT MY FILES ###.txt. This is a ransom note on the desktop which instructs on how to recover your files. It warns the user that encryption can only be reversed until victim pays are required sum of money. Some file extensions reported are :
- .id-2559797930_[[email protected]].a97rq;
- .id-1163283255_[[email protected]].aj29p;
- .2271021857_[[email protected]].be87r.
Dispersal Method of Cry36 Ransomware
Cry36 Ransomware has very simple dispersal method. It sends spam email which appears almost real but contains malicious piece of code. The dispersal network used by this ransomware is found to use email account names which are similar to legitimate addresses used by organizations like Amazon and PayPal. It invites users to download and open macro-enable document. On downloading it, virus enters your system.
Therefore, you must be alert when you try to open such emails as it can cause severe infection into your system. And delet the infection if it is prevailing in your PC.
How to Get Rid Of Cry36 Ransomware from Windows
Solution To Get Rid Of Cry36 Ransomware Manually
Step 1 : Start PC in Safe Mode
- Firstly Restart your Windows System.
- Next, open Boot menu via pressing F8 button.
- Three distinct options will get viewed in Boot menu.
- Utilize arrow key and select ‘Safe Mode With Networking’ option and press Enter.
Step 2 : Find and Remove Hidden Vicious Files From System
Show Hidden Files and Folder
How To Show Hidden Files & Folders in Windows XP/Vista/7
- Initially right-click on Windows Logo and then make selection of Open Windows Explorer.
- Tap Organize and select Folder -> Search Options.
- Next, click on View tab.
- Select Show hidden files and folder and further then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files option.
- Lastly ‘Yes’ in confirmation window and then tap OK.
How To Show Hidden Files & Folders in Windows 10 PC
- First of all press Windows + E on the keyboard.
- Then tap View tab.
- Check File name extensions and Hidden items.
- Get Rid Of Cry36 Ransomware Associated Files from Hidden Folders
- %Temp%\[Cry36 Ransomware]
- %AppData%\[Cry36 Ransomware]
- %LocalAppData%\[Cry36 Ransomware]
- %LocalAppData%\[Cry36 Ransomware].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[Cry36 Ransomware]
Step 3 : Get Rid Of Cry36 Ransomware and several other suspicious programs from Control Panel
Solution To Get Rid Of Cry36 Ransomware For Windows XP
- Press Start button > Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Make selection of Uninstall a program to open Programs and Features.
- Search Cry36 Ransomware and other unwanted programs > Select Remove
Solution To Get Rid Of Cry36 Ransomware For Windows 7 & Vista
- First of all Go to Start Menu and then tap Control Panel option.
- Next in Control Panel, go to Programs section and then tap Uninstall a program option.
- Now from the list of all program, make selection of Cry36 Ransomware and tap Get Rid Of tab.
Solution To Get Rid Of For Windows 8 & 8.1
- Firstly turn the Mouse to the lower – left corner of the screen and then press the Start button.
- Secondly, enter ‘Control Panel’ in search box, tap Control Panel.
- Make search of Ransomware and unwanted programs > select Uninstall
Solution To Get Rid Of Cry36 Ransomware For Windows 10
- First of all go to Start Menu and then search for Control Panel.
- Now from the Control Panel Windows, make selection of Program and Feature option.
- The list of all kinds of programs installed in the system will get displayed.
- Select Cry36 Ransomware and all other unwanted as well as vicious applications, click Uninstall tab.
- Finally at last a confirmation Windows will get appeared on the screen, tap ‘Yes’ to confirm and restart your system.
Step 4 : Get Rid Of Cry36 Ransomware Related Registry Files
- Press Win+R keys.
- Secondly, type regedit.exe in the dialog box and after that press OK.
- Lastly find and delete below mentioned registry files from your system.
Method 2 : Get Rid Of Cry36 Ransomware utilizing System Restore
Step 1 : Reboot your system to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
For Windows XP/Vista/7
- Tap Start -> Shutdown -> Restart -> OK
- Now when the system gets activate, press F8 multiple times. Keep it pressing until the Advanced Boot Options window get displayed.
- Make selection of Command Prompt from the list.
For Windows 8/10
- First of all press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Next press and hold Shift on the keyboard and tap Restart.
- Make selection of Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings and then finally press Restart.
- Once the system get active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2 : Restore your system files and settings.
- Once the Command Prompt window get displayed, enter cd restore and tap Enter.
- Next type rstrui.exe and then press Enter once again.
- At the time when when the new window get displayed, tap Next and make selection of your restore point which is prior the penetration of Cry36 Ransomware. Further then tap Next.
- Later tap Yes to initialize the system restore.
File Recovery After Ransomware Attack
Easy Steps To Recover Files Encrypted By Cry36 Ransomware
Step 1 : Utilize present backups
Step 2 : Utilize professional data recovery software
Data Recovery Software – a specialist software including potential of restoring partitions, photos, data documents and 300 more file types lost/deleted because of several corruption and incidents.
Step 3 : Utilizing System Restore Point –
- Firstly hit WIN Key.
- Make selection of ‘Open System Restore’ and implements the below shown steps
Step 4 : Restore the personal files utilizing File History
- First of all hit WIN Key.
- Secondly type ‘restore your files’ in the search box.
- Make selection of ‘Restore your files with File History’.
- Next, choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar.
- Lastly, press the ‘Restore’ button.
ShadowExplorer : How to Install and Use it After Removing Cry36 Ransomware
- Step 1 –Download ShadowExplorer and open it as administrator by right clicking on the entry in the start menu and select Run as Administrator.
- Step 2 – A screen will appear displaying shadow copies of all partitions. So click on last shadow a day before Cry36 Ransomware encrypted files.
- Step 3 – Double click on C:\ then click Users in the left pane.
- Step 4 – Double click the folder you wish to in the right pane.
- Step 5 – Right click on the folder and Export it to wherever you like on your system.
- Step 6 – After clicking on Export, you will be redirected to the directory where you can save your recovered files due to Cry36 Ransomware attack.
Quick Steps To Retrieve Deleted or Lost Files due to Cry36 Ransomware For Free By Using Recuva Software
Step 1: Download and install Recuva software on your PC. Select the file types, such as Pictures, Music, Documents, Video, Compressed, Emails or choose “Other” option to show all files and tap on “Next” button.
Step 2: Now, click on “Start” button to initiate the scanning process.
Step 3: Once you tap on the “Start” button, the scanning process will start.
Step 4: After the completion of scanning process, you will see lots of files found. To follow the instruction, tap on “Switch to advanced mode” option.
Step 5: Then after, you see more options in order to filter the found files.
Step 6: Once you find your lost or deleted files due to Cry36 Ransomware, select them and click on “Recover” button to save the recovered files on your computer.
System Requirements: Windows 10, Win 8.1, Windows XP, Vista and 7 including both 32-bit & 64-bit OS versions, but not for the RT tablet editions.