How To Remove HI.FO Search from Browsers(IE, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari)
Everything You Need To Know About HI.FO Search
HI.FO Search is a suspicious search engine website which is associated with an adware or potentially unwanted program. It redirects the user’s search queries to Search.hi.fo domain and displays sponsored search results. According to the research report, it has been identified that this shady search engine is especially designed for Russian-speaking computer users. However, majority of this dubious search tool users started looking for the way to eliminate it completely from their system. In case, if you have discovered the presence of HI.FO Search hijacker on your Internet browser, then you should read this article completely to know more about it and its deceptive working principles.
Cyber security researchers classified this search engine as a browser hijacker threat because it spread silently and modify the default browser settings without asking user’s permission. The sudden alteration of browser’s homepage and search engine to HI.FO Search is the very first sign of a low-level virus infection. However, it should be noted that browser hijackers are not considered as a dangerous computer virus, but their activities are highly annoying onto the affected system. Besides, the search services provides by this dubious search engine website can lead you to hazardous web portals. So, the malware analysts at SRV strongly recommend you to perform its removal from your browser as soon as possible.
What are the issues caused by HI.FO Search?
It is responsible for inserting unwanted Russian advertisements onto the search results that HI.FO Search displays on your computer screen. Once you clicked on those adverts, it will lead you to unfamiliar external web portals. Unfortunately, it is still unclear that the websites behind those appeared adverts are trustworthy and secure or not. However, visiting unreliable domains can put your machine at high risk. Therefore, SRV security investigators highly suggest you to avoid using this suspicious search engine website and try to use other reputable and legitimate search tool like Google, Bing, etc. To perform the removal of HI.FO Search completely from your machine, you need to follow the instructions provided below in this security post.
HI.FO Search Removal Manual Guide For Browsers(IE, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari)
HI.FO Search are really very annoying and dangerous which does not only irritate innocent user by displaying ads but also keeps their privacy at high risk. Follow the provided instruction to Remove it:
- Method 1 : Start Your PC In Safe Mode To Remove HI.FO Search
- Method 2 : How To Remove HI.FO Search From Control Panel
- Method 3 : How To Remove HI.FO Search From Infected Web Browsers
- Method 4 : Remove HI.FO Search search engine and homepage from Browsers
- Method 5 : Guide To Reset Your Browsers To Remove HI.FO Search
- Method 6 : Locate And Remove All Registry Entries Created By HI.FO Search
How To Start Windows 10 In Safe Mode with Networking
- Go to Start > Power. Then keep pressing “Shift key” and click on Restart option.
- Select Troubleshoot option.
- Go with the “Advanced” options.
- Select System “Startup Settings” option.
- Hit on Restart option.
- To choose “Safe Mode with Networking”, press 5 on your keyboard.
- To start your Operating System in this mode, enter your username and password.
How To Start Windows 8 In Safe Mode with Networking
- Hold “Windows Key and C” together and choose Settings option.
- Tap “Power” button and hold “Shift Key”. Then click on Restart button.
- Choose Troubleshoot option.
- Go to the Advanced Options.
- Tap on Startup Settings.
- Move your cursor and click on “Restart” button.
- To enable “Safe Mode with Networking”, press 5 on your keyboard.
Steps To Start Windows XP/Vista/7 In Safe Mode with Networking
- Press “F8” key as your PC restarts.
- The Advanced Options screen will appear on your desktop.
- Choose “Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Networking” and press on Enter key.
- On the completion of Troubleshooting, repeat steps 1 to 3 in order to start your PC normally.
Steps For Windows 7, XP & Vista
- Go with Start Menu > Choose Control Panel
- Now, go to the under Programs section and click on “Uninstall a Program link”.
- The list of all installed programs will appear on your screen. Choose HI.FO Search or related extension and hit on the Uninstall tab.
Steps For Windows 8
- Move your cursor to the left corner of your screen and press on Start button. In the search box, enter Control Panel and press on Enter Button.
- Under the Programs section, click on Uninstall a program option.
- Search HI.FO Search or related extension and click on the Uninstall tab.
Steps For Windows 10
- Open your Windows 10 System. Go to Start Menu and search Control Panel option.
- From the Control Panel Window, choose Programs and Feature option.
- The list of all installed programs and extensions will appear on your screen. Find out HI.FO Search or related extension and press on the Uninstall tab.
- If a confirmation window will appear on your screen, click on the yes button to confirm and then restart your PC.
This browser does not support any extensions settings. Thus, you can avoid HI.FO Search by enabling the SmartScreen Filter. To enable SmartScreen Filter, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Edge. On the address bar hit (…) icon and choose Settings option.
- Go to Settings > View Advance Settings. Scroll down and turn on SmartScreen Filter option.
- Go to Settings > View Advance Settings. Scroll down and turn on SmartScreen Filter option.
- First of all, launch Chrome browser and then click on the three stripes gear icon.
- Go to Tools > Extensions.
- The list of all extensions will appear on your screen. Find out HI.FO Search or related extension and hit on the Trash icon to remove extension completely from your browser.
- If a confirmation Windows will appear on your screen, click on the Remove button.
- To Remove HI.FO Search, first of all, launch IE browser.
- Go to Tools > Choose Manage Add-ons.
- Press on the Toolbars and Extension which appears on the left side of the windows and then after choose HI.FO Search and related extension.
- At last, hit on the Remove button to delete all malicious extension from your web browser.
- Open Firefox browser. Press on the three stripes menu button to choose Add-ons.
- Add-ons Manager tab will open on your screen in which you have to choose the Extensions panel.
- Locate HI.FO Search related or unknown Extensions and press on the Remove button.
- If it pops up, choose Restart now option.
Steps For Google Chrome
- Go to the Settings option from the menu icon.
- Under On startup option, tick on the “Open a specific page or set of pages” checkbox and click on Set pages.
- A window will appear on your screen. Here, you can delete all unknown and malicious sites and enter your desired search engine as homepage.
- Go to Settings and click on Manage Search engine that appears under the Search section.
- In Search engine, delete all malicious search sites and leave only Google or your desired domain name.
Steps For Internet Explorer
- Go to Menu icon > Choose Internet Options.
- Go to General tab. Now, delete malicious URL and input your desired domain name. To save changes, click on Apply button.
Steps For Mozilla Firefox
- First of all click on the three stripes menu icon which located at the top corner. Go to Options and select General.
- Delete all unknown and unwanted URL and input your preferable domain or click on the Restore to default.
- To save changes, click on OK button.
Reset Microsoft Edge Browser
- Launch Microsoft Edge browser and choose More (…) on the address bar . Go to Settings option and choose View Advanced Settings Option.
- Press <Add new> “Search in the address bar with” and then input your desired search engine. At last, hit on Add as default to reset your browser settings.
Reset Chrome Browser
- Open your Chrome browser and click on 3 stripes icon.
- Go to settings option > Show Advance Settings option
- Press on Reset Settings button.
- Go to the end of the page and click on the Reset button.
- At last, restart your Chrome browser.
Reset Internet Explorer Browser
- First of all open your IE browser. Go to Tools menu and choose “Internet option”.
- Choose “Advanced tab” and hit on “Reset” button.
- Check out the check-box of “Delete personal settings” and press on the “Reset” button.
Reset Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Firefox and click on the three stripes icon to choose Help option.
- From the Firefox Help menu, choose “Troubleshooting Information” option
- From Troubleshooting Information page, click on “Refresh Firefox” button.
- From your keyboard, press Windows + R keys together.
- To open the Registry Editor, type “regedit” in the search box and press on OK button.
- Find out and delete all malicious entries created by HI.FO Search.
How To Install Shortcut Cleaner to Delete HI.FO Search Assistance For
Shortcut Cleaner Description:
Shortcut Cleaner is a popular free application to find and delete all invalid shortcuts created by HI.FO Search Safari. The features of this programs are recovered all hidden files and folders, remove the shortcut icons, delete common named flash virus, very convenient-to-use, simple setup and interface, and Remove autorun HI.FO Search.
How To Use Shortcut Cleaner:
To use Shortcut Cleaner, first of all, download and install it. It is compatible with Operating System and runs on both 32-bit and 64-bit OS.
After installation, the shortcutcleaner.exe file will appear on your screen. Most probably, it lies within System Utilities. Double-click on it to run. Now your free software is ready to use.
Go to “Check & TuneUp” tab > “Shortcut Cleaner” which appears on the left side menu under “Windows Cleanup” and then hit on “Shortcut Cleaner”.
To diagnose and find out broken shortcuts, Click on the “Start Scan” button.
After a few seconds, list if all broken or invalid HI.FO Search shortcuts will appear on your screen.
To delete all invalid shortcuts created by HI.FO Search, mark them all and press on the “Cleanup” link.