How To Remove ArmaLocky Ransomware from Microsoft Windows 10, 7, 8.1, XP & Vista
ArmaLocky Ransomware is a file-encrypting virus that has been put under ransomware category. It functions as crypto-malware which is a copy of famous Locky ransomware used to terrify users. Despite the fact that how convincing its variation may seem due to ransom note, it is just an imitator of other ransomware. The function is still the same to encrypt the files and documents of the victim. Encryption process is carried out by this ransomware causes inaccessibility of the file and document. Ransomware is highly risky as it puts your system at stake. It makes your system completely vulnerable to external threat.
It first attacks your system then install its malicious programs on compromised system. Like most of the ransomware, this malware too is distributed via corrupted mails or attachments in junk emails and any dubious link on unsafe website. Actually, hackers are smart enough to trick you easily. Con artists trick you that you have received an email from MNC company and so has attempted to deliver you a package which has failed due to some reason. This is to spark curiosity and prompt you to open corrupted emails. As soon as you open the corrupted email without giving attention to it. At this moment, ArmaLocky Ransomware gets into your system quickly.
ArmaLocky Ransomware on getting onto your system, alters the registry entry to execute ist program automatically. Then conducts encryption process to encrypt files. It uses RSA ans AES-256 encryption method to lock files. At last, ransomware appends .armadilo1 extension to every encrypted files. When this all has done, it displays a ransom note informing user about the encryption. Ransom note tells that all your files have been encrypted and thus you need to pay ransom fee to restore your files back. If you do not pay then you could lose all your files.
Ransom money demanded by ArmaLocky Ransomware is 0.15 bitcoins which equals to 650 US dollars. In case, you are infected with ArmaLocky Ransomware and is suffering from same problem then you must uninstall it from your PC before it's too late and you lose your files and data.
How to Remove ArmaLocky Ransomware from Windows
How To Remove ArmaLocky Ransomware Manually
Step 1 : Start PC in Safe Mode
- Firstly Restart your System.
- Next, open Boot menu via pressing F8 button.
- Three distinct options will get viewed in Boot menu.
- Utilize arrow key and select ‘Safe Mode With Networking’ option and press Enter.
Step 2 : Find and Remove Hidden Vicious Files From System
Show Hidden Files and Folder
How To Show Hidden Files & Folders in Windows XP/Vista/7
- Initially right-click on Windows Logo and then make selection of Open Windows Explorer.
- Tap Organize and select Folder -> Search Options.
- Next, click on View tab.
- Select Show hidden files and folder and further then uncheck the Hide protected system operating files option.
- Lastly ‘Yes’ in confirmation window and then tap OK.
How To Show Hidden Files & Folders in Windows 10 PC
- First of all press Windows + E on the keyboard.
- Then tap View tab.
- Check File name extensions and Hidden items.
- Remove ArmaLocky Ransomware Associated Files from Hidden Folders
- %Temp%\[ArmaLocky Ransomware]
- %AppData%\[ArmaLocky Ransomware]
- %LocalAppData%\[ArmaLocky Ransomware]
- %LocalAppData%\[ArmaLocky Ransomware].exe
- %CommonAppData%\[ArmaLocky Ransomware]
Step 3 : Remove ArmaLocky Ransomware and several other suspicious programs from Control Panel
How To Remove ArmaLocky Ransomware For Windows XP
- Press Start button > Control Panel from Start Menu.
- Make selection of Uninstall a program to open Programs and Features.
- Search ArmaLocky Ransomware and other unwanted programs > Select Remove
How To Remove ArmaLocky Ransomware For Windows 7 & Vista
- First of all Go to Start Menu and then tap Control Panel option.
- Next in Control Panel, go to Programs section and then tap Uninstall a program option.
- Now from the list of all program, make selection of ArmaLocky Ransomware and tap Remove tab.
How To Remove For Windows 8 & 8.1
- Firstly turn the Mouse to the lower – left corner of the screen and then press the Start button.
- Secondly, enter ‘Control Panel’ in search box, tap Control Panel.
- Make search of Ransomware and unwanted programs > select Uninstall
How To Remove ArmaLocky Ransomware For Windows 10
- First of all go to Start Menu and then search for Control Panel.
- Now from the Control Panel Windows, make selection of Program and Feature option.
- The list of all kinds of programs installed in the system will get displayed.
- Select ArmaLocky Ransomware and all other unwanted as well as vicious applications, click Uninstall tab.
- Finally at last a confirmation Windows will get appeared on the screen, tap ‘Yes’ to confirm and restart your system.
Step 4 : Remove ArmaLocky Ransomware Related Registry Files
- Press Win+R keys.
- Secondly, type regedit.exe in the dialog box and after that press OK.
- Lastly find and delete below mentioned registry files from your system.
Method 2 : Remove ArmaLocky Ransomware utilizing System Restore
Step 1 : Reboot your system to Safe Mode with Command Prompt
For Windows XP/Vista/7
- Tap Start -> Shutdown -> Restart -> OK
- Now when the system gets activate, press F8 multiple times. Keep it pressing until the Advanced Boot Options window get displayed.
- Make selection of Command Prompt from the list.
For Windows 8/10
- First of all press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Next press and hold Shift on the keyboard and tap Restart.
- Make selection of Troubleshoot -> Advanced options -> Startup Settings and then finally press Restart.
- Once the system get active, select Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt in Startup Settings window.
Step 2 : Restore your system files and settings.
- Once the Command Prompt window get displayed, enter cd restore and tap Enter.
- Next type rstrui.exe and then press Enter once again.
- At the time when when the new window get displayed, tap Next and make selection of your restore point which is prior the penetration of ArmaLocky Ransomware. Further then tap Next.
- Later tap Yes to initialize the system restore.
File Recovery After Ransomware Attack
Easy Steps To Recover Files Encrypted By ArmaLocky Ransomware
Step 1 : Utilize present backups
Step 2 : Utilize professional data recovery software
Data Recovery Software – a specialist software including potential of restoring partitions, photos, data documents and 300 more file types lost/deleted because of several corruption and incidents.
Step 3 : Utilizing System Restore Point –
- Firstly hit WIN Key.
- Make selection of ‘Open System Restore’ and implements the below shown steps
Step 4 : Restore the personal files utilizing File History
- First of all hit WIN Key.
- Secondly type ‘restore your files’ in the search box.
- Make selection of ‘Restore your files with File History’.
- Next, choose a folder or type the name of the file in the search bar.
- Lastly, press the ‘Restore’ button.
ShadowExplorer : How to Install and Use it After Removing ArmaLocky Ransomware
- Step 1 –Download ShadowExplorer and open it as administrator by right clicking on the entry in the start menu and select Run as Administrator.
- Step 2 – A screen will appear displaying shadow copies of all partitions. So click on last shadow a day before ArmaLocky Ransomware encrypted files.
- Step 3 – Double click on C:\ then click Users in the left pane.
- Step 4 – Double click the folder you wish to in the right pane.
- Step 5 – Right click on the folder and Export it to wherever you like on your system.
- Step 6 – After clicking on Export, you will be redirected to the directory where you can save your recovered files due to ArmaLocky Ransomware attack.
Effective Way To Use Free Edition of iCare Data Recovery Utility After ArmaLocky Ransomware Deletion
Step 1: Download and install iCare Recovery on a non-data-loss drive. After that, launch the program and you would see two options for file recovery. Select the one to start data restoration process.
Step 2: Select the media where data got deleted or lost and tap on “Next” option to search for all lost data due to ArmaLocky Ransomware infection.
Step 3: When the scanning process is completed, it will display all found files. Here, you can preview ArmaLocky Ransomware encrypted files and select all data that you need in order to save them to another drive.
Features of iCare Data Recovery Software
Free Edition of iCare Data Recovery Tool Provides Following Facilities